Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

USB gender converter to connect printer to wireless hub

Status
Not open for further replies.

routerman

Technical User
Jul 15, 2002
GB
I've got an HP 3055 printer with a duff LAN port. It also has a working USB port.

Originally I used a wireless bridge to connect the LAN port to my wireles network, until the port failed. I'm unable to get a replacement card for the printer. But, as the USB port still works I am seeking a way to use that port and connect it to a wireless device.

I thought about simply using a USB A to B converter, but after reading up on this I think I may have problems with power over the USB port.

Can I do this, is there a product which will allow me to connect the USB printer port to a wireless 802.11 hub etc?

Or should I simply ditch the printer and buy a new one!

Andy

If I understand you correctly, there is a USB input on the printer that works, and you are trying to get the printer to work over a wireless network. Should be possible with a Wireless Router w/ Print Server.

Just make sure the printer is supported and the router is compatible (same brand is always best, especially for support) with your existing. Best of luck!

Tony

Users helping Users...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back