Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

USB G15 Keyboard causing games to load slowwww? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

lordgalla

Technical User
Apr 1, 2005
US
Hello;Whats up with this guys? Any Idea's? I have a USB Keyboard the G-15,I boot up the computer,Windows Xp Pro Sp2,Try to play a game Medal of Honor Airborne,fully patched ect.and it loads like 1 frame every 5 seconds,thus making it unplayable.If I unplug the USB cord from the keyboard on the back of the computer,and plug it back in again.Everything works perfect,Game loads perfect,all runs fine? Until I reboot.Then it don't work again.Man what is going on here? Getting sick of unpluging and pluging in the usb cord everytime I startup,or reboot the computer.Thankyou in Advance for any input on this.

let me put this a different way,When I start medal of honor airborne,It won't start,it's like a old 286mhz machine of the past.I unplug the keyboard/replug the keyboard and all is working great like nothing ever happened?? then when I reboot,I does the same thing? Weird or what.

The G15 uses specific drivers, and also loads its own parameter tables if it identifies a given game so that it can display the game stats on the little LCD and make the extra keys useful. I have a hunch that the program that fetches this data from the game is giving it a hard time. Do you have the latest drivers? There is a web site dedicated to the G15 if I remember. Perhaps you can find something in there.

There is a G15 on my son's computer, but he does not have this game.

Thankyou felixc,Found the problem.Just so you know if it ever come's up again in the future,the program that was causing the game to start at 1 frame per 5 seconds,was a old Logitech Memory Resident program called (Medialifeservice)and was in msconfig in the startup tab.Conflicting with the G-15 Keyboard,and these certin games.Removed from add and remove programs,and all is well again..Just some important info to remember,with Logitech Stuff.Thankyou

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back