Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

usb feature key cant be seen after upgrade 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

IPStanding

Vendor
Dec 1, 2003
US
took 403V1 IPO from 3.0.44 to 3.1.48. also upgraded VMPro and Manager. ever since then, it cant see the USB Feature key. tried restarting service. no luck. anyone ever see this?

This has happened to me several times:

When up grading , make sure you disable the KEY SERVER under services before removing the Admin software and reinstalling.

Otherwise you may have the pleasure of removing and reinstalling the key server again.

If you are still having issues, you may have to modify the Dongle installation. To do this: go to programs/avaya/key server/drivers. Open up the setup icon, within in it click
On install and then modify the install path by removing the I386 at the end of the path

it would be nice if the documentation included stopping the service before you uninstall the admin. I have seen that a few times now. Never tried changing the install path, I may try that next time. I have also had good luck using SentinelMedic on some older parellel dongles, not tried it on USB or some of the new systems

just to be clear

1. stop (or kill) the service
2. uninstall the manager + key server
3. Reboot the pc
4. Install new manager + key server
5. Reboot again

i had the same problem and only doing it in this order did it work

it took unplugging and repluging the USB key into a different port to fianlly resolve the problem.

I usually either remove the USB dongle (because the driver is in-use during uninstall, or go into Device Mgr and DISABLE if its a remote upgrade.

Hope this helps...

Kris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back