Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

USB FAT32 Turned into RAW

Status
Not open for further replies.

imrpat

Technical User
Apr 27, 2006
GB
Hi Guys

I am bit stuck with this one, My USB drive was running on FAT32, howevwe recently when i plugged it in and opend it, it shows no files, however it shows that its still using 800MB in use and 150MB free AND also my file system is showing RAW

Has anyone experienced this before and whats the best way to recover the files,,,, does RAW mean my DATA is gone or is there a chance the data can still be rescued

cheers

Perhaps a recovery utility would help?

GetDataBack has helped a lot of people here, but I don't know if it works with thumb drives. They have a trial version so can't hurt to try:

You'll need the FAT version of GetDataBack for your flash drive. As long as the drive is recognised in Windows Disk Management, you should have a good chance of recovering your files.

OnTrack's Easy Recovery Pro v6 should also do the job on your flash drive. That version covers FAT as well as NTFS.

Good luck.

ROGER - G0AOZ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back