Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

USB Drivers for PBX UMC Win10 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 19, 2022
US
I have tried all of your suggestions to install the USB drivers for Panasonic 7.8.1 UMC on Windows 10 and nothing works. I have:

Installed UMC as admin
Tried installing 7.8.2 but our old TDA-50 and TVA-50 isn't supported in 7.8.2
Tried compatibility mode for Win7, Win8, and "I DONT KNOW"
Tried generic USB drivers
Windows 10 fully updated as of 19 Feb 2022

When I connect the USB cord to the computer it appears in Device Manager as KX-TDA 50 but when I try to manually install drivers through Device Manager it tells me the x64 Win 7 drivers are not compatible and fails. I've tried the other versions of the drivers included with installation as well with no success. When trying to access the TDA-50 with USB I receive, "Error: EA04201 Driver soft not found."

What else can I try to force those Windows 7 drivers or other drivers to install on Win 10?

Thank you for sharing the link. I have read all that information and the application is running fine in Win7 compatibility mode. My problem is with the USB drivers. There is no EXE file to install the drivers. As you know, the UMC app only produces a folder with driver files in it.

I go into Device Manager and try to manually install the driver files for the USB connection. I receive an error that the Win7 x64 drivers are not compatible with the operating system which is the problem I can't get around. The UMC app works fine but Win10 will not recognize the USB drivers in Device Manager therefore no data transfer from TDA-50 to UMC.

Are the drivers on the Google Drive link modified to work with Win10? I noticed the file sizes are not the same compared to the one available with the UMC app.

-do you have administrator permision on this PC?
-maybe Windows is remenber wrong deiver (if you conect TDA to PC before instalation drivers)
- disconect TDA from PC, uninstal TDA drivers, restart PC, connect TDA to PC, check device manger, find new hardware, instal new driver

There are no stupid questions, there are only stupid answers!

Yep, I've completed all the steps in the documentation to install the drivers but it refuses to load them when trying to update manually in Device Manager.

I do have Admin privileges on the PC and UMC has never been installed on this PC before so there are no old drivers to uninstall.

UPDATE: On a whim, I used the drivers provided in the Google Drive link and it worked! The drivers produced with the UMC installation will not. Thank you SO much, Kizo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back