Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

USB drive recommendation 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

bwbwbw

Technical User
Sep 5, 2022
US
Does anyone have a recommendation for the best most reliable USB drive to use when setting u a UCM

Most reliable way is not to use the UCM

Calum M
ACSS

I can't see that it is critical if you aren't doing many read/write

In other applications reputable brands such as Sandisk, Lexar and Kingston are recommended.

I use a Kingston DataTraveler 100 G3 (32 GB) and have no problems. I have used if for installs & upgrades on both UCM modules and physical servers.

There are some USB drives that just don't work, you use the USB creator and all seems OK, but you can't boot from it!

“Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it.
If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it saying 'End-of-the-World Switch. PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH'.
The paint wouldn't even have time to dry.”

Terry Pratchet

I have never gotten a USB 3 key to work and have a cheap USB 2 with 8 GB that worked in the past and which I use every time I really have to upgrade one of those beasts.
I try usually to tell customers to switch to a real voicemail. :)

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

"Dew knot truss yore Spell Cheque

Ekster, thanks, I just ordered a few.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back