Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

USB Devices

Status
Not open for further replies.

srav

Technical User
Jun 5, 2003
GB
I have a number of mini cameras, which are connected to the pc by Usb Docking stations which are used by students on the network. However after the software rollout, the first time a non admin users logs on they are requested to be a member of the administartor group in order to install the hardware. I don't want to have to go round and plug in a camera to each workstation to allow them to use the cameras.

Is there a workaround? I have tried using the ACL added it to the MSI and vreated a write access.ini file but it still prompts you to be an admin, any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks looks like a great tool, re allow to install drivers when prompted? i say this because the cameras are not likely to attatched permanently and sometimes may lose the drivers which will prompt any user to install drivers.

I can't think of a way you could get it to do this automatically, If the drivers needed to be installed you would likely need to create a exe using the above tool. Then inform students that they need to double click on the exe if prompted to install the drivers.

Greg Palmer
Freeware Utilities for Windows Administrators.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back