Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

USB devices get disabled when printing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gloryhound

Technical User
Jul 22, 2001
CA
I have a Logitech USB keyboard and Mouse. They both get disabled when the printer prints, if I simply unplug and plugin the devices after printing win98se picks them up and starts using them again. This is an Intel based system with win98se the ps2 keyboard and mouse connections on the MB don't work anymore. M/B is PRM 00801 E1 Which isn't very encouraging.

If an old motherboard...buy a Parallel Printer cable if the printer will support it. Older boards are not as "USB standard" as they would like us to believe.

I should have mentioned that the printer is using the parallel port already. This is not a USB printer. I've searched the knowledge database at microsoft and have come up empty. the Motherboard is DTK 801 e01

Upon further investigation the problem seems to be linked to the MB's bus resources. I've had the suggestion that if I use a expansion card for my USB devices instead of the onboard USB connections that this problem will go away. Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back