Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

USB and FireWire cable extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Hello. I am looking for reliant info about how to extend USB and FireWire cables 25 meter from the computer to devices.
I see there are companys who offer active USB cables you can conect together (about five) to get a 25 extension. Others offer repeaters for FireWire to do the same thing.
I think there will be delays so I would like opinion from experts. USB extension A will conect mouse and keyboard (some short delay can be unnoticeable) USB extension B will conect to MIDI interface (delay can be a problem since gestural data is transmitted) and FireWire will connect to an audio interface that transmit and receive digital audio data (delay no good also).
There is some way to achieve some succes with actual extending products? Some help there please?
Thank you very much in advance. Fernando fdi@ran.es

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back