Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Usage Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mfho1

Programmer
Dec 21, 2009
US
Hi,

I have a general use question for Adobe Illustrator.

I have a 3rd party company that apparently created an entire brochure with Illustrator.

I believe it is in another version (currently I have CS2).

I tried opening it, but was only able to see a few pages, etc.

Here's my question. I thought Adobe Illustrator was designed as a quality graphics art program. Should this company really be making their entire brochure in Illustrator. When I create brochures, I usually use Adobe InDesign.

It has been difficult accessing and printing the brochure from Illustrator. My company is looking for me to access this brochure from Illustrator, which I sense will be difficult.

Should I just ask them to send it as an InDesign file, and is that even possible at this point, or am I stuck with trying to decipher their Illustrator file?

Thanks in advance for your help.
mfho1

...illustrator not ideal for brochure work, however it depends on how many pages you need to create. Large scale documents are better suited to indesign...

...as the artwork is built in illustrator then to have them supply in indesign will mean rebuilding the artwork, so I suspect your stuck with illustrator unless you want to rebuild it yourself.

...you mention problems printing from illustrator but don't mention what the problem has been. Illustrator is perfectly capable of handling high end output in PDF or postscript.

...check the layers palette to see if the artwork has pages on different layers, how many pages should it be?

andrew

============
============

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back