Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

US Robotics Sportster 56K X2 faxmodem

Status
Not open for further replies.

ANFPS26

Technical User
Jun 28, 2001
US
I have an external US Robotics Sportster 56K X2 faxmodem. Can anybody tell me if there is a way to flash it to V.90 and where do I get the flash? USR doesn't support it anymore. "A little knowledge is a dangerous thing....." [morning]

Thanks, but I got an internal USR 56K winmodem V.90 working and I don't need the external sportster anymore. It was a loaner anyway and I'm giving it back to my friend. "A little knowledge is a dangerous thing....." [morning]

I have been to this website before, but I didn't see my modem ID listed. It is a 000839U3. It is a 56K X2 modem. The X2 makes is actually a 33600 since the ISP is V.90. So I would have needed a flash to go from 56k X2 to 56K V.90. "A little knowledge is a dangerous thing....." [morning]

Get it from ftp://ftp.usr.com/updates/archive/00178400ud.exe

It's released only recently. I've used it and it works.

Thanks for the info. I no longer have that modem. I'm using another one. "A little knowledge is a dangerous thing....." [morning]

Hello, This is Carlos Spencer Spencer from Venezuela, i email you since there is no support for your product here in my country and i bought my FAXMODEM SPORTSTER 56K with X2 (Product code 00178602.Model 0459)a few years ago.

I have this problem, i need you to send me the ORIGINAL Microcontroller for this FAXMODEM since i installed an upgrade aplication and it made my fax modem to work umproperly, so i guess i installed the wrong one, so i ask you to give me me a link or something to get the ORIGINAL MICROCONTROLLER for the FAXMODEM SPORTSTER 56K with X2 (Product code 00178602.Model 0459) so i can install it and keep the ORGINAL Configuration of the fax modem in order. Please help me..
Yours Carlos Roberto Spencer.

Caracas, Venezuela.

You may have ruined the modem by flashing with the wrong flash. You might go to this site and try flashing again. Your modem is listed here and it's shows a V.90 flash. Good luck!!

"A little knowledge is a dangerous thing....." [morning]

It should have unzipped to a file. Go there and run the
setup.exe file. "A little knowledge is a dangerous thing....." [morning]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back