Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

US robotics Modem

Status
Not open for further replies.

hadacon

Technical User
Feb 13, 2007
SA
Hi,
I am trying to connect Option11 from remote by uS Robitics
56K message modem but did not succeed. If i use US robotics
soprtster Voice 33.6 modem it works fine and I can do necessary administration from remote. How to set 56K modem.
This modem has no dip switches.
In the very beginning following message is displayed
60 S11=55 V1 X1 S0 = 0
OK
When dialed from modem, I hear the sound that connection is established but soon after that “ No carrier “ is displayed on the screen means line is dropped.

With best regards,
Hadacon

Connect your PC serially to your modem. Set teh Baud rate to the value you want the modem to use and the execute these commands - they work for sure with ProcomPlus - not sure in hyperterminal:

ati4
atz3
ati4
ati4
at&f
at&f0
at&b1
aty0
at&d0
ats0=1
ate0
atq1
at&w1&w0
at&w2
at&w
ati4

here's the txt file i used to use when i did installs

1. There are (8) dip switches on the rear of the modem. Set switches S1, S3, S7, & S8 in the down position, the rest in the up position.

2. Connect the modem to a terminal or personal computer using a 25 pin RS232 cable.

3. Set the terminal or personal computer serial port to 9,600 baud (8 data bits / no parity / 1 stop bit ).

4. Turn the power ON to the modem.

5. Using the terminal or the terminal portion of the personal computer communications package, issue the following AT command. AT&B1&W&W1

6. Turn the power OFF to the modem, and disconnect it from the terminal or personal computer.

7. Set the (8) dip switches on the rear of the modem as follows. Set switches S1, & S4 in the down
position the rest in the up position.

8. Connect the modem to the Meridian 1 system as instructed in the NTPs

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Also note that I have found option 11's to be very fussy about baud rate. When using ProComm or any other terminal program, do not allow it to "Auto-Baud". Most of them will try to determine the baud rate and establish the highest baud rate possible. (hich sometimes works) With Option 11's though it is ALWAYS Best to lock the port to the correct baud rate that the Option 11 port is set to.

that's a good point, opt 11 seems to be touchy about almost everything

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Thanks for the post, Lynx77 it was very helpfull ;)

Radu.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back