Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

US Robotics external modem caller id problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

lagg

Technical User
Oct 14, 2002
IE
I've a 56k external fax modem that Im using in conjuction with another software to monitor the phone numbers of incoming calls. My problem is that when the modem is turned off it looses the caller id setting that I had programmed into it. For example these are the commands I use

aty0
at#cid=1
at&w0

The first command sets the start up deafault profile to y0. The second code sets caller ID to on and the third saves the settings to the default setting y0. All other settings remain when the modem is poered off but the caller id command has to be reentered. I also find that if the line is inactivative for a period of time the modem may also loose the caller ID setting. I believe this to be a problem with a power surge maybe and plan to put the on universal power backup. Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back