Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

URL to Crystal Enterprise folder.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

samps1

MIS
Dec 9, 2004
US
Hi Folks,

I know that it is possible to create a URL to a report and have it authenicate to CE at the same time. What I am trying to do now is create a URL to a CE folder and have it authenicate as the guest user. Does anyone know if this is possible and how to do it? By the way, I am using CE 10.

Thanks in advance.

Code:
[URL unfurl="true"]http://yourserver/crystal/Enterprise10/ePortfolio/en/available.csp?currID=1397[/URL]

where 1397 is the id of the folder you want to see. You can observe this value by hovering the mouse over the folder name inside ePortfolio. You can obtain a listing of the id's with a query
Code:
SELECT SI_ID FROM CI_INFOOBJECTS WHERE SI_PROGID IN ('CrystalEnterprise.Folder', 'CrystalEnterprise.FavoritesFolder')

I found the id number to my folder in ePortfolio, but when I try the URL, I get a blank page. Just of kicks I tried the SQL statement to see if I recieved the same ID, but the SQL statement doesn't work for me because the table CI_INFOOBJECTS doesn't exist. Is this because of different CE 10 editions? I am using the Professional Edition.

Thanks for the help so far.

You did change "yourserver" to your CE server name, didn't you? "crystal" in the sample URL could vary depending on your install of CE; check the url when you are actually logged on to eportfolio.

I've found that the different editions of CE are not always compatible with each other, even within the same version. However, I would think CI_INFOOBJECTS is the core table in all CE10. Where are you running the query? When I launch the Query Builder from the User Launchpad, the sample query shown is

SELECT SI_ID, SI_NAME FROM CI_INFOOBJECTS WHERE SI_PROGID = 'CrystalEnterprise.Report')

(and you would presumably also want to query for S_NAME.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back