Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

URL Shortcuts placed on desktop opens in small windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiteTornado

Technical User
Jul 24, 2002
CA
Hi,
This is Windows 2000, all updates current, IE 6, all settings brought back to default, when an URL located on the desktop is opened, the windows has to be enlarged as it is only 4 inches wide. I have looked in all the IE advance settings, folder options, I cannot see any settings that would enable me to correct that. Sure I can enlarge the windows with the upper left button, but we have to do this every time. The IE icon is on the desktop, in the properties, I have set it up to open in an enlarged windows, but this isn't affecting how the other shortcuts open.

Has anyone seen this before or know of a setting or tweak to have the URL shortcuts open in enlarged windows all the time?

Cheers!

Welcome to the XP forum. There is also a 2000 forum.

Maximize/Re-Size Program Screens
thread779-501946

Word is always minimized when lauched from Internet Explorer
thread779-756385

XP Not Remembering
thread779-752310

How Do I Get XP to Open Icons to Full Screen?
thread779-1259803

Hi linney,

Appreciate your great links here, this solved it, I am using this small utility.

Cheers!

Your welcome.

My wife wants to know if this is the problem? "I am using this small utility", she thinks if you use a "big utility" you would get bigger sized windows, she may be right.

In the trade we call your wife's view the "Three Little Pigs" test of utility value.

Hi,
I am having a problem with Windows XP Add/Remove software function.

It appears that the download did not install fully. So, I attempted to uninstall it and the application in question ways "uninstall option was not installed". Well I tried to install the fix or patch or update to this application but it won't run because of the first incomplete download.

Does anyone know how to remove software other than via control panels Add/Remove function?

Thanks,
Capitalist36

. Redownload the "first incomplete dowload" as a complete download and try the install again. Then uninstall if possible.

. Check the program's home directory. Often there is an uninstall.exe file to be found from the program.

. If an .msi installer program, use the MSI cleanup tool:

See what System Restore has to offer too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back