Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

url forwarding issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

defosset

Programmer
Apr 1, 2003
US
I recently moved my sharepoint services to a second server due to space issues, i can get to my sharepoint main page when i type in the computer name but not my internal url, when i type in the internal URL it pulls up the default under construction page form the first server would this be a DNS issue or a virtual server forwarding/redirection issue the first server ip address is 192.168.111.33 and the second servers address is 192.168.111.34 what do we need to do to get the sharepoint website up and running on the default website of inside.defosset.net the only thing that is of concern is that what ever I have to do I dont impact the operation of Outlook web access running on the first server. outlook is pulled up using the following url inside.defosset.net\exchange

thanks for your assistance
Nick

Well you could set the Default page in IIS on the First Server to be a redirect to the Second server by name..but this would probably only be a temporary fix as this would change the address bar from inside.defosset.net to the Computer name of Server 2.

as it stands i am calling up the share point site using the second computers name, what if we change the web address prefix to something like familyweb.defosset.net how would ths be accomplished in iis and would i do it on the main server or secondary server that runs company web

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back