Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

URL encoding characters

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddyogili

Programmer
Apr 8, 2005
US
Hi i am entering my values from the front end in an asp page. One of the field has greater than(>),(<=),(>=),(=),(<). so when i am selecting severity >= 0 from the drop down list. It is showing me an error while quering from the database. Thi is how the url is generating once i click submit

["DateTime(2005,5,1,00,00,01)"-"DateTime(2005,5,10,00,00,01)"]

But it is not giving me the result, it is asking me to enter the severity value again. Please help me with this problem.is this the correct way----> promptex-Severity>="0"

Thankyou,
Reddy.

based on the URL that you have posted
this is what you get

as soon as you put quotes the URL string is broken and only the first part goes.

you could try by passing the string within a urlencodedformat("your URL string") this should convert the string to a more digestible format.

you might need to use a decoder on the other side.

Mo

The above url is working perfectly for all the parameters, except this one

"&promptex-Severity>="0"

if i select >=0 in my asp page the url is generating in this fashion and asking me to enter a number value for severity. please check this and do let me know.

thank you,
reddy.

Sorry a little missap,

when you create URL string '?' and '=' signs are very important because they determine the parameter and the value

what you are say in your string is basically that

"&promptex-Severity>="0" with "promptex-Severity>" as your param and 0 as the value

what you can do is to either pass another param with text value saying 'greater' or 'lesser' and then convert it from the server

does this make sense?.....

Mo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back