Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

URL address of an appointment changes when I change the subject

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbCincinnati

Programmer
Aug 21, 2008
US
Hi Folks,

I’m an Exchange Newbie, so please excuse any incorrect terminology / general ignorance on my part :eek:)
(I’m using Exchange Server 2007 if that makes any difference).

Here’s my question:

Can anyone tell me how to get exchange to NOT change the URL address of an appointment when I change the subject of that appointment?

For example:
If I create a new appointment with the subject: “ChocolateShake”
When I list the URL address, It shows:

Then if I change the subject to “VanillaShake”, the URL address also changes to:

This happens whether I create and modify the appointment in Outlook, Outlook Web Access, or on my Blackberry (synced via Blackberry Enterprise Server).

However, if I create a new appointment programmatically with webdavex.dll (independentsoft.com) in JavaScript (actually .JSX).
Then if I change the subject later (whether from Outlook, OWA, or anywhere else), the URL address still stays the same :eek:)
This is good. I want the URL address to stay the same so that I can reference it later in my code.
How can I get the URL address of an appointment to stay the same always even if I’ve created the appointment from Outlook, OWA, etc?

Much thanks if someone can give me a pointer!

It is supposed to change. I think this is possible an ipm.post vs forms issue which is why the 2 are different.

Thanks for your response Zelandakh,

I think I need to use the PermanentUrl property.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back