Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Urgently need help in VB and IE registry settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

janicefoo

Programmer
Apr 17, 2003
MY
Dear gurus and members,

I am very new in VB and IE registry settings. I have created a VB code that will change a PC's IE security settings (Initializing and script ActiveX control marked as unsafe set to "Enable") from the registry. This code is added on a button on my webpage. When the button is clicked, the code will change the IE registry settings. I noticed that the settings is changed to "Enable" from the Tools-->Internet Options --> Security. After I refreshed the browser and click on another button that has such ActiveX control, I still can't get it running. However, it can run well if I open another new browser. How can I ensure that the ActiveX will run on the same browser after I refresh? Any suggestions or ideas are highly appreciated. Looking forward to some reply soon.

Thanks in advance,
Janice

You are trying to enable something from a webpage that is already not runnable because IE security has disabled exactly that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back