Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

URGENT - Unix Processes & SeeBeyond

Status
Not open for further replies.

eaiGeek

Programmer
Aug 20, 2003
NZ
Howdy....

I have a mmew that depending on the information sent to it will either pgp encrypt or gzip the information before publishing it to another IQ. The gzip and the encrypt both work fine, however when I have large 'file' sizes ie. information that is about 1.5M large the encryption hangs the mmew.

I think this is beacuse the encryption uses the code
Code:
Process ps = Runtime.getRuntime().exec(commandLine)
. I get this error:

Code:
mmew_enczip (Information):  StackTrace: 
java.io.IOException: Not enough space
        at java.lang.UNIXProcess.forkAndExec(Native Method)
        at java.lang.UNIXProcess.<init>(UNIXProcess.java:54)
        at java.lang.Runtime.execInternal(Native Method)
        at java.lang.Runtime.exec(Runtime.java:551)
        at java.lang.Runtime.exec(Runtime.java:418)
        at java.lang.Runtime.exec(Runtime.java:361)
        at java.lang.Runtime.exec(Runtime.java:325)
        at cr_enczip.executeBusinessRules(cr_enczip.java:93)
        at com.stc.jcsre.JCollaboration.translate(JCollaboration.java:148)
        at com.stc.common.collabService.JCCollabControllerImpl.translate(JCCollabControllerImpl.java:528)
com.stc.common.collabService.CollabDataException: [col_enczip_CTCT] JCollaboration.translate(): Caught unspecified exception from user collaboration executeBusinessRules()

at com.stc.jcsre.JCollaboration.translate(JCollaboration.java:156)
        at com.stc.common.collabService.JCCollabControllerImpl.translate(JCCollabControllerImpl.java:528)
com.stc.common.collabService.CollabConnException: [col_enczip_CTCT] JCCollabControllerImpl (translate) Error    on calling translate method     of USER CLASS class cr_enczip

at com.stc.common.collabService.JCCollabControllerImpl.translate(JCCollabControllerImpl.java:549)
com.stc.common.collabService.CollabConnException: [col_enczip_CTCT] JCCollabControllerImpl (translate) Error    in executing translate method

at com.stc.common.collabService.JCCollabControllerImpl.translate(JCCollabControllerImpl.java:598)

mmew_enczip (Information): *************************************************

Now checking the error message out it means that basically UNIX can't handle what SeeBeyond is doing....

So my question is: HOW DO I FIX IT? I have tried increasing the swap space, the vmemeory, the stack size, data size (everything under the ulimit command - both hard and soft levels) as well as altering the initial and maximum heap sizes in the mmew itself (using both the initialisation string command '-mx 768000000' or '-Xmx 768000000'and adjusting the values in the configuration).

I HAVE to get a resolution for this asap. I am desparate for an answer - and yes I have logged this with SeeBeyond.... but any more ideas would be helpful......

Cheers,
eaiGeek

By look at the core message:
mmew_enczip (Information): StackTrace:
java.io.IOException: Not enough space

This is suggesting a disk IO capacity problem. Look at where your files are located (volumes) and run

df -k to see your utilization on the disk

Are you out of tmp space?? Check you .egate.store for your path settings.

For anyone interested - as it turns out this issue is an environmental one - chances are if something hangs when using an extrenal UNIX process then that will be the case. This comes from the US developers at SeeBeyond

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back