Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Urgent - Unable to open default folders . Exchange 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

mariov

Technical User
Nov 27, 2001
GB
Ok it is me again :) .... SMTP issue is still there but now i have a very weird issue happening.

I had one user on Tuesday that was trying to connect to the Exchange server (we use cached mode) and once the put his username and password straight away it says Disconnected. I then tick and untick on Work Offline and it tries to connect and the same Disconnected status is reported. If i check the connection status on Outlook 2003 it says connected.

I removed the cached mode for that users profile and if i try to log in as him it comes up with the error:

"Unable to open default e-mail folder. You need to connect to the exchange server computer ..........."

Ok so i try OWA for that user and no issues are all. Then i add that user to the domain admins and it works fine.!! NOT A SOLUTION.

Today the same has happended to another user!! He belongs to the same OU as the previous user and once i added him to the Domain Admin group it works fine.

If i remove them from the admin group it doesnt work. But they can check name and so on under the profile .....

Help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Regards,

Mario

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back