Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Urgent!! Two Projects -> 1 Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

omarmtz

Programmer
Nov 22, 2002
MX
Is possible to merge two projects (both in the same metadata) into another project, or in a project merge the schema objects of another project??

Thanks!

You can use the MicroStrategy "Object Manager" tool to copy objects from one project into another. You can also use a new wizard if you have a more recent version of MicroStrategy Object Manager (v 7.2) called the Project Merge Wizard. I haven't done it, but according to MicroStrategy's documentation, see technote TN6600-072-0022, it appears that you can merge two projects into one using that wizard as well. HTH,

Nate

Project Merge Wizard is basically an advanced version of the object manager. I have used object manager quite a few times and one condition that existed was that the two projects that you are trying to merge or move objects between has to be duplicates of each other in other words it should have a common project ID (GUID) in the metadata. I am not sure of that is still true for Project Merge Wizard.

Hope this helps.

Yes it's true that the project must share the same GUID. It follows the same rules at Object Manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back