Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Urgent! Set ODBC Connection let Database objects use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mirak

Programmer
Aug 1, 2001
Hi,

I am writing an application in MS Access 2000 that connects to SQL Server, then runs some queries to produce a report. The application basically uses linked tables, on which the queries execute. I have created a log on screen which authenticates the users to the SQL server. However, when its time to run the report, Acess still pops up another ODBC form for the user to log in before the queries are executed. Is there a way to have the objects in the application use the connection that was created at startup.
Its, urgent, I need to complete the application before the end of the month.

Thanks a million!
Mirak

Speak to your Windows Administrator / SQL Server database administrator, and get him/her to set up trusted Windows authentication on the Server (as opposed to SQL Based authentication. I'm no expert on this, but I think that this is the course you need to follow.

Hope it helps,
Steve Lewy
Solutions Developer
steve@lewycomputing.com.au
(dont cut corners or you'll go round in circles)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back