Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

URGENT - running robocopy from EM job!

Status
Not open for further replies.

icemel

MIS
Oct 17, 2005
US
Hi,

Having a problem running robocopy from a job... I set up a job in EM, and one of the steps is an operating system command to copy a backup file from another server to the server where the job resides.

The job is running as the domain administrator.

The error message I'm getting is:
(The system cannot find the file specified)

The file to be copied most defintely DOES exist. Also, the robocopy works perfectly fine IF I do not run it from within the SQL Server job itself, that is, if I run it as a command from the server itself.

Any ideas?? It's 3 pm on Friday, I need this fixed asap!

Thanks

I would assume that the domain account that is running the SQL Server doesn't have acces to the path that the file is stored in.

Denny
MCSA (2003) / MCDBA (SQL 2000)

--Anything is possible. All it takes is a little research. (Me)
[noevil]

Are you using the absolute path (\\server\folder\file.txt)of the file rather than a mapped drive location? That can throw it off if the mapped drive does not exist on the server.

Also, like Denny says - make sure the SQL server admin
account has rights to the path/file in question. If not, run it as yourself, if you know you have rights and figure out further on Monday...

Hope it helps.

Still don't know what the problem is, but found a workaround.

We are not referencing any mapped drives.

Thanks

What was the wordaround? It may be helpfull for someone in the future to have it posted here.

Denny
MCSA (2003) / MCDBA (SQL 2000)

--Anything is possible. All it takes is a little research. (Me)
[noevil]

Well, we ran robocopy job from Scheduled Tasks instead, not from a job.

Does account that your SQL Server Agent is set up with does not have full access to either reach the folder or execute the command.?.?.?

You would think, but the SQL server agent is running as the domain administrator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back