Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

URGENT- Resizing clips problem with avi files

Status
Not open for further replies.

transplants125

Technical User
Jul 25, 2005
GB
Hi, I desperatly need help here, I had several MPEG clips and they were a real hassle to import into premiere as premiere kept crashing, so I changed the file type to AVI.

Now I can import these files fine however I have encountered another problem- resizing the clips. I have found with the MPEG clips it more or less resizes the clips to the window, however with AVI clips it does not resize very well at all and I cannot get it to fit the window without the bottom half of the clip being cut off. I am using Adobe Premiere Pro 1.5

Anyone got any suggestions, many thanks in advance.

Did you convert to AVI or just change the file extension? If converted, to what CODEC?

What size was the original MPEG video and what size is your project frame?

Have you selected the 'scale clips to project dimensions' option in Project General Settings, or are you using Motion to size manually?

Have you purchased the MainConcept MPEG plug-in?

I converted to avi by opening a new project and importing the MPEG clips, then I exported to movie.
I tried resizing these clips in this new project with no success.
My original MPEG video was just over 5 mins, 98.2MB.
I haven't got "scale clips to project dimensions" selected, I do this manually by clicking the corners of the clips and expanding them to the desired size.
I haven't purchased the MainConcept MPEG plug in, however I recently downloaded VirtualDUB.

Thanks.

The problem I think we are trying to address is the loss of parts of your picture due to framing and aspect ratio issues.

The key question is therefore the frame size and aspect ratio of your source clips and of the project, which you haven't stated yet.

If you'd like to give those details, maybe I can help.

The frame size is 720x576 (4:3), with a pixel aspect ratio of 1.067.

Thanks.

Thank you pleash :D

Hi thanks for your help, I have overcome the problem simply from something you replyed with earlier asking what I used to resize the clips. Instead of manually resizing the clips, I went into motion and changed the scale width until it looked about right.

Many thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back