Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Urgent question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 20, 2004
US
I have a sdlt 8 slot robot an a win 2k3 running nbu 4.5. the problem is the when the media it requested was put in the robot it was reassigned to tape # a00050, not # a00036.
How do i get it back to a00036? 36 is not expired and 50 was the next available # to use.

A tape is expired when all the images on it have reached the end of their retention period. If your system moved on from 36 to 50 then it indecates that for some reason it does not want to use 36. That could be something simple like it's full or complicated like the retention period of the images already on the tape do not match the job you are trying to run. NB does some quite involved judgements on what tape to use next and some times it does not see logical to us. But it's rarely worth trying to force it to change it's mind. Do you have a big problem with it using 50?

Well a00036 still has images on it that I need to restore from. I ended up running the vmphyinv.exe command to mount the tapes and read the header.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back