Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Urgent Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

russeder

IS-IT--Management
Jan 7, 2003
FR
Hi Guys
I have a windows NT 4.0 server with exchange 5.5 sp4, I am upgrading it to a new server with windows 2000 with exchange 5.5, I have installed windows 2000 and I am installing exchange 5.5 now, the server is on a different network with the same ip and name as the current exchange server, when I go to install exchange 5.5 on the new 2000 server its saying that it needs to be part of a domain. If I install a new PDC on the network with the windows 2000 server with exchange do I call the domain the same as the current live one ???? will there be any issues with this guys ??????

Cheers

Hi

I have had this problem numerous times the machine has to be a part of the domain and logged on to it! or built as a PDC with a trust between the two domains then it can grant certain services to service accounts ie ExService that need to be domain accounts.

hope this help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back