Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Urgent- Question Bridge Appearances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avayacoolstuff

Technical User
Jan 31, 2019
US
Hi

I have a question on bridge appearance, I have setup an extension with 5 bridge appearance as below to multiple users, Users complaining that they are only able to handle 3 simultaneous calls, how can I make it 5 ?

brdg-app B: 1 E:25638

brdg-app B: 2 E:25638

brdg-app B: 3 E:25638

brdg-app B: 4 E:25638

brdg-app B: 5 E:25638

On Page 2 of the station form is the field Restrict Last Appearance and is by default set to "y". This field controls if the last call-appearance can be used for inbound calls. Normally, you want to keep one call-appearance available for dialing out, conferencing, or transferring calls. When mimicking a key system by assigning lots of bridged-appearances, you end up with N-1 available "lines".

You can either change the Restrict Last Appearance to "n" or assign one more call-appearance to your shared station 25638. Call-appearance #6 will be restricted, making 1-5 available for inbound calls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back