Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Urgent problem with Outgoing email! 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelsonsk2

Technical User
Oct 17, 2005
US
I know this has been addressed in a couple of very old threads and neither resolved my issue so I'm starting fresh.

I have a Cisco 1800 router. We have recently brought a new Exchange Server 2010 server online. It is sending and receiving with only one problem. All outbound email is routing through one IP y.y.y.130 but I need it to route through y.y.y.132. That IP is the same IP our old server was routing through. I've taken the old server off-line and made the changes to the IP Nat removing the old servers internal IP and replacing those with the new servers IP's. I haven't made any changes to the ACL as it only had the entry forcing SMTP through the .132 IP. I've included the relevant IP Nat and ACL entries below.

Currently I have two domains rejecting our emails because of DNS/rDNS issues. I need to resolve this and would prefer to route SMTP properly rather than revising my PTR's with my ISP. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

x.x.x = inside
y.y.y = outside

IP NAT Translation entries:
ip nat inside source static tcp y.y.y.132:25 x.x.x.168:25
ip nat inside source static tcp y.y.y.132:80 x.x.x.168:80
ip nat inside source static tcp y.y.y.132:443 x.x.x.168:443

Extended IP access list 2525
10 permit tcp host y.y.y.132 eq smtp any
30 permit tcp host y.y.y.132 any eq 443

I saw a couple of threads that discussed route maps but don't quite understand those and not sure why I need that since settings above worked before with the other server.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

try creating a one-to-one rule as opposed to using PAT:
Code:
ip nat inside source static x.x.x.168 y.y.y.132
you must have a Dynamic PAT entry listed in there that is using .130 as the overload address.

The one to one rule seemed to do the trick. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back