Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

URGENT PLEASE!!!!! OBJECT REPORTS DISAPPEARING!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lteixeira

Programmer
Oct 14, 2003
BR
Hi,

We're having some problems with our Info-APS server and i greet you too much for the attention. My name is Leandro and my Reported Version is 7.5.2.0 Seagate Info. Since last week I've been having problems in the software and I'm trying to solve it.

Some report objects have been disappearing of my Info Desktop and the event log in my Info APS it's becoming full (so many error messages) quickly (in seconds). Always that i restart my Info APS the report objects disappear too. I'm not sure, but probably this is caused by the error messages in the event log. The first evidence of this error happend when I updated some parameters inside the designer of some reports (through the option Parameter fiels). I don't know if it's coincidence but the reports i've updated, are some of the reports with problems.

See below the error message:

10/10/2003 09:32:09 Seagate Info Error (4) 2000 N/A DATAMART2
The description for Event ID ( 2000 ) in Source ( Seagate Info ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. The following information is part of the event: String data, right truncated (null) : SELECT CI_ID,CI_NAME,CI_SCHEMA,CI_PARENTID,CI_TYPE,CI_CONTTYPE,CI_OWNERID,CI_ORIGID,CI_VERSION_COUNT,CI_TIMESTAMP,CI_FLAGS,CI_FILEPATH,CI_TARGETID,CI_EXTRADATA FROM CI_INFOOBJECTS WHERE 0 = 1 ( ID: 1534; Type: Report; Name: '18 - Globosat Mídia - Receita de Publicidade - Consolidado por Anunciante'; Path: '\\DATAMART2\Si_Producao\input\Reports\SCC_RELAT18.rpt'); Function: CInfoObject::Update().

The message is the same, the only change is the path, for the different report file names.

I took a look at Crystal Decisions site and tryed this solution:

- Some reports need to have the structure updated. This is possible to do at the option "Verify Database" in the Designer. After I tryed to "Refresh" the reports on the Info Destop and save it with a different name so as to have the structure updated. I thought it was necessary since the Table had the structure changed.

But this solution didn't have any result. I don't know what to do!!!

Thank you veru much!!!! :)

did you install Windows service pack 4 on your Crystal report machine? service pack 4 might cause a problem. The last software that has crystal that came with it that you installed might conflict with the original crystal version.

Yes, the Service Pack 4 was already installed in all machines but not on the Info APS SERVER. I think that the conflict would happen only if the service pack 4 was installed on the Info APS but I'm not sure. And this problem appear since i've updated some parameter FIELDS inside the designer by the option insert > field object > parameter fields > (a parameter) > Edit > set default values.

Can the service pack 4 cause a conflict as it was installed im my machine (it has the crystal installed) for example?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back