Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Urgent please ans. this regarding flash file & director

Status
Not open for further replies.

harish007

Technical User
May 7, 2007
i have a flash file which has buttons into it , & on click of that button a browser opens , but then if i call this flash file in the director the it doe not work. Please help me out with this .its very urgent.

It seems to me that you want to open a internet browser in Director using a flash button. All you have to do is put a behavoir on the flash sprite within Director using this:

on mouseDown me
goToNetPage "x"

end

x being the url that will be where the browser opens to.

Or if you want the code to work from Flash then on your button in Flash put the get url action on your button,
then write in the url line: lingo: goToNetPage "x".
x being the url in the browser. This will send it from the Flash button to Director to execute.

Thank you sir ,

SIr i have used the second solution which you gave me, thank you for that, but there is a problem with this , when i once on the button the browser opens but gives "The page cannot be displayed" but if i double click on the same button i get the desired page, sir please help me with this .

Thank you , looking forward for your ans.
regards harish

I have checked on this myself and I do not get the same problem. I tried recreating it to see if I could find what might cause it, but I have been unable to find a problem. I do not know offhand what might be causing this problem either.

To help you further with this the easiest thing for me to do is take a look at your file(s). If that is in your discretion and the files are not too large to do so you can send as a attachment to my personal e-mail: hyper_enough@hotmail.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back