Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Urgent: PC tel HSP modem does not recieve data...

Status
Not open for further replies.

vipinr

Technical User
Aug 3, 2002
IN
I have a Compaq Presario 1010 ( 1000 series) desktop PC. I just installed Windows ME and got the drivers for PC tel HSP56 micromodem, by looking at the chip info of the internal modem card. The modem installs correctly, dials, connects me to my ISp, but then stops responding. Apparently the connection sends data ( assumed by looking at the takbar icon) on browser activity as refresh. However does not recieve more than 500 kb data. I tried different ISPs but of no use. Although I am sure the driver( includes the WDM enumerator) is corrcet, the compaq driver disk contains installation software for Diamond Supra Pro 56, but cannot be installed correctly.

I assume it may take some extra initialization strings. This is very urgent and I would really appreciate every bit of information that I can get.

Thanx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back