Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Urgent: oldfile not found, while oldfile is removed from proj.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rrrrr12345

Programmer
Jul 2, 2002
GB
Hi,

I tried to remove a unit, e.g. oldfile, which I created for in my project long time ago. I have use the button, remove file from project, and also deleted all related files in my directory. When I tried to compile after that, very very strangely, I keep getting an error message in the line 'uses' after 'implementation', saying Fatal Error, file not found : oldfile.dcu. But I have not assigned to use that unit anywhere anymore...

Details: I used the databinding wizard to produce a unit with procedures and functions according to an XML schema for me. Now, I have changed the schema, and would like the databinding wizard to produce a new file to include in my project. So, just to be safe, I removed and deleted my old one first (I have BackUps), then tried to add the new unit. (The new unit has a different name to the old one). However, after all these, the program still gives me an error as I mentioned above. Very stuck. The only solution that I can think of is to start a new project, and re-do everything with the new file from scatch...so the program won't ask me for the "old file".

This would means too much time, any suggestions for a more efficient way for this case?

Thanks for your attentions,
R

It sounds like your oldfile is still in one of your forms uses clause. Run a search through all files in your project for oldfile to see whereabouts it is as remove from project does not remove it from each forms Uses clause. Arte Et Labore

Sorry, I have search through all files manually as well as using the search all files in project files.

Did you call the oldfile form by a different name? Eg, Delphi creates Form1 which is saved as Unit1 (eg oldfile). Under the uses clause will be the form name, not the unit name. Arte Et Labore

hi

Try doing a 'Find in Files' and 'Search in directories'.

You could be linking to the culprit file (containing 'oldfile' in it's uses) via your Options|directories|Search .

lou
(I am trying - a lot of people have told me that)

Check if it is still in the Auto-create forms tab of the project. [Project --> Options ] Steven van Els
SAvanEls@cq-link.sr

Try this: instead of "Compile" use "Build project".
This shows the offending code (i assume it is a uses clause somewhere).

Thanks alot for your advices, because the project is so urgent, that I have already made a new project, and got rid of that problem (and made a backup without the extra unit)However, another problem arises, which I hope I can deal with it myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back