Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

urgent! need help on security ! 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

xq

Programmer
Jun 26, 2002
NL
i just finished a vba program on access database, quite long, and i'm supposed to set up security for different level of people, and i did simply for testing,(only assigned myself as fully user), and now program is nearly finished, it will be tested by other people, and the database is on my own private drive, i dont' know how to turn off the security or how to move the database to shared directory, help! if it can not to be moved, all my work just mean nothing. really appreciate if any body would help me!

By security - I assume that you mean the standard Access Security Model - ???

You can get rid of the security by :-
Change the rights of the user "Admin" to have all the privlidges available ( including Administrator Group rights )
Then reset the "Admin" password.

The database will now behave like there is no security at all.

To port the database to elsewhere:-
Place the database on a central network server
Place the System.mdw file ( whatever name your've given it xxx.mdw ) in the same folder
On the users desktop create a shortcut with the target in the form
"C:\ .. path .. \Access.Exe", "server .. path .. \ProjectApp.mdb" /grpsys "server .. path .. \ProjApp.mdw"

That will cause Access to open the mdb file provided using your specific .mdw file rather than the default one.

( I'm pretty sure that /grpsys is not right - but I can't find the correct help file to get what it should be. I'll look it up and get back to you ( if someone else doesn't correct me first ) but the overall format is correct.

thanks million!!! i moved the file to the shared drive, and works perfectly, thank u!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back