Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

URGENT: j2pg process eating lots of CPU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johuak

IS-IT--Management
Jul 31, 2007
US
I am running with AIX 5.3 TL06. System's CPU usage was very high so i checked topas and i found that there is one process running by root which is j2pg and that is eating most of CPU. I googled on j2pg and found that it start becasue of lots of I/O on system.

That is true before because couple days DBAs are doing extreme work on system and that might caused I/O problem and that may have triggered j2pg process.

But my question is now no one is doing extreme work on system still j2pg process is using same amount of CPU. Does anyone have any idea about how to stop this j2pg process? This process doesn't show in ps output may be because it is kernel process?

Name PID CPU% PgSp Owner
j2pg 139356 29.0 1.0 root

Try ps aux

ps auk

I don't remember all options try man ps!

Regards,
Khalid

To tune this out you'll need to increase the JFS2 fsbufs, lower the JFS2
read-ahead, and turn on the release-behind on the jfs2 filesystems.

Mike

"Whenever I dwell for any length of time on my own shortcomings, they gradually begin to seem mild, harmless, rather engaging little things, not at all like the staring defects in other people's characters."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back