Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Urgent : How can I generate Parent - Child kind of report..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hexcot

Programmer
Nov 9, 2003
IN
Hi, I want to generate following kind of sample report.

Title :
Store Name : Land Side

Table 1:
Total Customers Total Sale
200 2,500

Table 2:
Customer Name Date Qty
Steve 01/01/03 20
Paul 10/05/03 30

Title
Store Name : West Side

Table 1:
Total Customers Total Sale
150 1,700

Table 2:
Customer Name Date Qty
Herald 01/01/03 21
Hexcot 10/05/03 67

For above requirement I am creating two database stored procedure.

In Webfocus, I am creating two individual hold files. This two hold file is called from one .FEX file. Title is actually group-by field.

Webfocus is putting the file one-after other and not one within another.

So, my requirement is with-in a report group, I want to add another report (Here table2) by passing related parameter.

How can I do this...?

Thanx for help..

It's really not clear what you are asking, but it sounds like you want two TABLEs to contribute to the same report. TABLE does not work that way. Each one produces an independent report. With that said, TABLE is capable of using multiple 'sections' with different types of verbs. I think what you want is someting like:

TABLE FILE yourfile
HEADING
&quot;Store Name : <Store&quot;
SUM CNT.Customers Sales
BY Store NOPRINT
ON Store PAGE-BREAK
PRINT Customer Date Qty
BY Store NOPRINT
END

You will, of course, have to add column titles, or use other methods like SUBFOOT to format the report.

Hi..

Thanx for reply..

But My problem.. is I am having two different hold files and I want to generate above report..

In my question, i have displayed two sets of data. like that there can be n-number of stores.

Also, it will be one title but table1 and/or table2, each can have any number of records. Also table2 data-records will be base on the current store name.

Looking for your reply.

I'm assuming that both tables have &quot;Store Name&quot; in them. If so, you should be able to join them together and create your report. You could display the information from table one in a subhead and table 2 as your report data.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back