Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

urgent help regarding activex and crystal

Status
Not open for further replies.

sudi123

Programmer
May 8, 2002
US
am just wondering if we can launch a crystal report from an asp page by calling an vb 6.0 activex exe, which basically uses all the print engine functions to launch a report...

the program runs fine when run in vb it launches a CR on ts own but when i pass the parameters from an asp page and make it run it does nothing..

have any1 got any idea ....anyyyy sort of help is highly appreciated

thanx in advance

Since you didn't post any code, I'm not sure how you went about passing the parameters or the report info, but I had a problem with reports with parameters similar to this you're describing. On my first page, you could pick the report to be run and if it didn't require parameters it went straight to the runreport.asp page and loaded the report. But if I used another asp page in between steps to enter parameter options, it seemed to lose important info needed to run the report. I found that at the parameter page the report name was lost in the transfer to the page that runs the report. Check your code (maybe by sending it to a page that only displays your report name and parameter info., nothing else) and see if anything is missing. Hope this points you in the right direction!

There is a good PDF on the crystal support site you could try to download on URL reporting, this might help you also. This filename is : ce8_urlcommands.pdf You should be able to search the support.crystaldecisions.com/docs site for it.

Hope this helps.

PTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back