Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Urgent help needed! I can't open InDesign CS6 file and I'm in deadline for print!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bogellis

Technical User
Mar 14, 2013
Hello there! I really need a professional help regarding the InDesign CS6 issue that is driving me insane...for 4 days! And the story goes.. I use Win 7 Enterprise ed., (I5 3570, 8 GB RAM) and recently I've noticed a slower performance even when I was trying to open a simple notepad! I've installed Kaspersky Antivirus and I thought maybe it was causing that slower performance, but how the heck it was possible on the machine like mine?! Therefore, I've uninstalled the Kaspersky and put the ESET, and everything went back how it was, except... This is where the problem begins: I work in the Adobe InDesign CS6, and when I wanted to start the program it froze and crashed. OK, I thought to start it over and to open the book I was working on... Nope, the problem occurred every time when I wanted to open this file, even backup version (older version of that file) I couldn't open! I tried to disable antivirus, I thought maybe something caused the problem. No, it wasn't that. I tried to uninstall and reinstall the InDesign, but neither that was helpful. I have applied the patch - update for InDesign, thinking maybe that would help. No. InDesign kept freezing and crashing every time when I wanted to open this file. Sometimes, it crashes itself, without any file. I tried to fix registry with Advanced System Optimizer, PC Mechanic... tried to reset the computer, even tried to reinstall once more the InDesign... PROBLEM STILL WAS THERE. One important thing to mention... I think this has something with table model.rpln, because in every crash report this TABLE MODEL.RPLN was present. Desperately I copied this file on my laptop, hoping it will be better situation there, I have it sent to my brother, tried to open it on two different computers, but it wouldn't open even there. When I want to open the file, InDesign ask me where are the linked pictures, I click "Update later" then InDesign "start" to load the links, and suddenly freezes and crashes giving me this crash log. Please if you have any idea how to fix this - HELP ME! :-((((

Name of the problem: APPCRASH
Application Name: InDesign.exe
Application Version: 8.0.0.370
Application Timestamp: 4f72c3ee
Fault Module Name: TABLE MODEL.RPLN
Fault Module Version: 8.0.0.370
Fault Module Timestamp: 4f72c772
Exception code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 0000d936
Operating system version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.4
ID local standard: 10266
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

I think there's a problem with tablemodel.rpln...but I have no clue how to fix it. Please answer ASAP, 'cause I'm in a deadline for one job I'm working on. Thanks in advance! I will send file to anyone who has good will to help me..

Slow system performance could be related to a damaged filesystem and/or drive. Your program files and documents files may be corrupted from disk errors. If you have not already, you should run a full disk check.

It sounds like a disk error has corrupted your document file if it cannot open on other computers. I only have access to CS5.5 right now but you might find more people of "good will" that can help in more populated forums like those at adobe.com and indesignsecrets.com

If Notepad is sluggish, the problem would appear to be system-wide and no amount of fiddling with InDesign may help. You may consider doing a system restore from a point where your computer last behaved well.

Beware that when you reinstall InDesign, you are not refreshing your preferences. Corrupt preferences will be just as corrupt when InDesign is installed again. Try creating a new user on the computer and running InDesign from the new account.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back