Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Urgent help ! how to reset 3com superstack 3 4400 to factory default ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonsaw

Technical User
Mar 20, 2004
MY
hi alll ..

i have a serious problem here .. i have a 3com superstack 3 4400 se 24 ports .. first i was configuring the IP as usual and i did it ..

then i was doing some test to try configuring vlan .. by default the switch is tagged VLAN 1 .. but i have removed all 1-24 untagged ports in VLAN 1 .. now i have a serious problem .. i couldn;t even log into the web interface nor the CLI .. coz all 24 ports cannot b connected through RJ 45 anymore .. after i plug the cable .. i couldn't even ping the switch's IP which i have set .,, how ? anybody can help me ??

how can i restore it back to factory default again ? how can i manage the switch while i cannot log in anymore ? i have try connecting through console port 2 .. but nothing happen also ..

in deep shit,
Please reply asap . .thanx !

how can i manage this xs

Hello

You can always connect to the switch trough the console port.
Maybe you have used a wrong serial cable.
To connect to the switch you must use a crossed over cable.
If you don't have such a cable and you don't know where to get one, the following link will show you the pinouts:
Use the NETBuilder II Bridge/Router Console Port to Terminal - Cable Diagram

With such a cable and a simple terminal emulation (like Hyperterminal or Reflection) you should have access to the CLI of the switch and you could initialize it.

Sheffield

issit ??? okokok .. thanx .!>!>>! i think i know wat problem is that .. =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back