Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Urgent - Having issue in accessing third party tool IBM Ondemand Windows client in PowerBuilder

Status
Not open for further replies.

judemerlin05

Programmer
Jul 31, 2013
AP
Hello All,

I am getting an error message 'PowerBuilder Application Execution Error (R0015)' when I attempt to call an external function
from arsole.ocx (Thrid party tool - IBM OnDemand32 Windows client ). I am calling following function name Logon from PB but it's giving error "Error calling external function Logon at line 14 in function uf_loginerm of uo_ondemand".

Function definition -
private function Int Logon(ref string pServerName,ref string pUserId,ref string pPassword) library "arsole.ocx"

Code - function call
uf_loginerm -
String pServerName
String pUserId
String pPassword

pServerName ="BSCAP"
pUserId ="JYNMM"
pPassword="FGFHF"

li_rc = Logon(pServerName, pUserId, pPassword)

Could you please kindly help me out to get rid of this issue.

Thanks,
Jude

Hello,

I am getting same error after pre-allocating the memory for the string parameters prior assigning them values.

public function int Logon(ref string pServerName, ref string pUserId, ref string pPassword) library "arsole.ocx" Alias For "DllRegisterServer;Ansi"

After using above declaration i am not getting previous error ("Error no. R0015) instead of that i am getting error no. R0042 (Error: Specified argument type differs from required argument type at runtime in DLL function Logon. (invalid stack pointer on return from function call) at line 37 in function uf_loginerm of object uo_erm). I tried all the combination of argument passing but still i am getting same error.

Could you please assist me in resolving this issue.

Thanks,
Jude

I found the documentation for this control online.

The VB example uses an integer for the return value. This translates to a long in PB.

Matt

"Nature forges everything on the anvil of time"

Hello,

Thanks for replying so quickly.

I tried using long data type for return value. It's not giving error for the functions/methods which are not having any parameters. It's giving error R0042 when i pass any arguments as a parameter. I don't know what is wrong with arguments passing.

Is there any way to findout the third party function naming convention (__stdcall or Cdecl).

It would be great help if you sort it out this error..

Thanks & Regards,
Jude

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back