Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

URGENT: Errror opening Crystal Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmileyFace

Programmer
Sep 10, 2002
US
Can anyone please tell me why I would not be able to open a report in this particular folder using my asp page when I can open other reports in the same folder using the same page? I thought it might be accepting parameters but I cannot seem to find where!!! This is reallly frustrating me now! The other reports in the same folder.. I can view the 'Show SQL Query' for them but am unable to do so with this one...it is disabled in the desgin view. Help! I am able to open this report directly from the folder and run it. At that time it doesn't ask me for any parameters. Thanks in advance for your help!

It does sound like it's based on a Stored Procedure.

Open the report in CR, does it prompt for parameters? If so, then it's likely a Stored Procedure.

Are you getting errors?

What's in Database->Set Location?

Show SQL Qery doesn't help describe a datasources origin, the Set Location will though because you can select options and reduce the view to only SP's.

Generally it's best to supply some information about your environment, such as the database used, version of CR, example of what you tried, and any error messages.

Here's the CD whitepaper on ASP applications:

-k

It seems to be a DSN problem. The database that its accessing on the server cannot be read by the report for some reason. The error message is as follows: 'CRAXDRT Error Occured on Server. - 2147189136: Logon failed.
Details: IM002:[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified.'

The other reports in the same folder...one accesses our SQL server database which resides on another server and the other one accesses one on my local machine. I have a an Access database with my asp page and report on the same server but it looks like it will not read it.

Any idea what I would need to do? I think I have to set the DSN name on the server for that database but not sure how to do it. Please let me know if you do. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back