Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

URGENT! Cannot find project or library

Status
Not open for further replies.

Autoeng

Technical User
Jul 16, 2002
US
Just updated my db, which was working fine, with some new features. Now some of my users are not able to get into it because it "Cannot find project or library" for the below module. This module checks the currentuser to see if they are a member of a certain security group so that certain buttons are available or not. This code DID NOT change between the two versions. The error indicates the LCase statement. Any ideas as to what went wrong and how to correct it?

Public Function UserGroups()
Dim wrkDefault As Workspace
Dim usrNew As User
Dim usrLoop As User
Dim grpNew As Group
Dim grpLoop As Group
Dim grpMember As Group
Dim cuser As String
Dim Auth As Boolean
Dim usermatch As String
Dim strGroup As String

Set wrkDefault = DBEngine.Workspaces(0)
cuser = ""
usermatch = ""
Auth = False

strGroup = ""
With wrkDefault
For Each usrLoop In .Users
For Each grpLoop In usrLoop.Groups
If LCase(usrLoop.Name) = LCase(CurrentUser()) Then
Auth = True
strGroup = strGroup & grpLoop.Name & "/"
End If
Next grpLoop
Next usrLoop
End With

UserGroups = strGroup

End Function

Autoeng

There are posts in tek-tips that contain code that show you which references are missing. Beyond that, I would suggest that you list the references (and their paths). Via the module window, select TOOLS | REFERENCES. Then I would search the user's machine for each of the files listed. This should tell you which one is missing. When you find one that is missing, simply copy it to the proper location on the user's machine and then register it. To register a dll or ocx, etc., select the Start button and select Run. Then type: regsvr32 path\MissingFileName

I was just getting ready to post when I received yours. I was able to solve the problem when I dicovered that Microsoft had reported a bug in Access that it would sometimes lose it's references even though they showed as selected and the path was correct. By unselecting the references, exiting, reentering and reselecting the references I cleared up the problem.

Here is an informative faq on the subject.
Autoeng

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back