Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

URGENT - Call Forwarding options needed ASAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryckee

IS-IT--Management
Apr 3, 2013
US
I have a group of users that would like their main number go to a CP Menu during the day and allow them to manually change the main number for going to the menu at night and CFW to their answering service ... bypassing the menu. They want the ability to manually control when it goes to the CP menu and when it goes to the service, so they can send calls during lunch, meetings, etc. as needed.

I thought I could use a SPRE for CFW and then assign one ADL to dial SPRE CFW to CP Menu and another ADL to dail SPRE CFW to answering service, but 1 - I cant seem to be able to use SPRE for CFW on a 1230 IP phone and 2 - I don't know if the ADL will even work.

I think thought to put CFW on more than 1 key, but found out it can only be put on key 19.

I want to avoid having the users enable key 19 CFW every day changing from one number (CP Menu) and then to another number (answering service - dialing 9-1-570-555-1212). Too much human error to do that every day, let alone not very efficient.

Major rub here is this is exactly how they did this using their old Panasonic Key system with CTX service but now on a big boy PBX we cannot do it?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

I would setup 2 applications in the CallPilot:
- Menu application would be used to send calls to Menu.
- Answering-Service application would be used to send calls to Answering Service.

Configure Voice Item Maintenance in Callpilot to allow the users to select which application is associated with their main number at any given time.

Sorry,

Voice Item Maintenance probably won't work for you in this case.

But you could allow this group some limited administration access to CallPilot, then allow them to modify the SDN table for their main number.

Thanks allenmac, but these admins are struggling with having to press a new CFW button on their new 1230's compared to pressing a single button on their old key system. ie. They have a hard time pressing CFW twice to enable and CFW Cancel to disable. ... giving them access to an application or having to press more than 2 buttons would be a struggle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back