Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

*URGEBNT* Remote Web Workplace wont let me log in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RSantiago

IS-IT--Management
May 14, 2007
US
Running SBS 2003 w/ Exchange Server.

I have 2 SBS 2003 servers currently in the network, one is our domain controller and host of our CompanySite and Remote Web Workspace, the other is a file server.

I just setup a third SBS 2003 server yesterday to be used as a development server for our phone system. This server is NOT set up with any roles and does NOT even have IIS installed.

I Have been able to use remote web workplace perfectly fine in the past, but all of a sudden it wont let me log in today.

When I go to my remote web workplace address and type in my credentials, it begins to load the entry page where it lets you choose whether you want to check your email or remote desktop etc, but before the page can finish loading, it immediately cycles back to the login page.

The event viewer on the domain controller displays the following error: "A process serving application pool 'DefaultAppPool' suffered a fatal communication error with the World Wide Web Publishing Service. The process id was '692'."

When I shut down the third newly installed SBS server, I am able to log into RWW perfectly fine. When I power this server back on... I can no longer log into RWW.

What do I have to do to have this new server coexist in my network and not interfere with RWW access?

I could really use some help as it is imperative that we have RWW access for our remote users as well as a SBS 2003 server for our phone system.

You have THREE SBS boxes on the same wire? They are all different domain names, right?

Pat Richard, MCSE MCSA:Messaging CNA
Microsoft Exchange MVP
Want to know how email works? Read for yourself -

Actually, i'm not 100% sure what I have. I just started working for this company and the network was already in place.

When I go into Server Management > Manage Server Computers on the domain controller, it lists:

<Server 1 Name> <No Description> <Windows Server 2003> <SP1>
<Server 2 Name> <Phone System Dev Server> <Windows Server 2003> <SP1>
<Server 3 Name> <Domain Controller> <Windows Server 2003> <SP1>
<Server 4 Name> <File Server> <Windows Server 2003> <SP4>

So I'm assuming these are all of the servers within the <domain.local>.

I don't see SBS anywhere in there. But that last one must be incorrect. Windows Server 2003 SP4? Is the one you're checking this information the one listed as Server 3?

Pat Richard, MCSE MCSA:Messaging CNA
Microsoft Exchange MVP
Want to know how email works? Read for yourself -

Your right, the 4th server is not windows server 2003 it is windows server 2000.

And your right again, I've been referring to the OS as SBS 2003 out of habit (from my last position), All of the servers are actually running Windows Server 2003.

Does this make any difference?

Does this make any difference?
Yes, try here:
forum931

Hope This Helps, PH.
FAQ219-2884
FAQ181-2886

Actually, I referred RSantiago here from the Server2003 forum.

However, with RWW, wouldn't one of the servers have to be SBS?

When you run Server Management, does it have the Microsoft Windows Server SBS Logo at the upper right? Or does the Start menu have the SBS description?

Ok guys,

I apologize for not having all of my ducks in a row before posting.

It has been brought to my attention that our main domain controller server, the one that also hosts our RWW site as well as our intranet company site is an SBS 2003 server, we have another server on the network that is a windows server 2003 server, this server functions as a file server for some applications we use. The 3rd server i just set up with windows server 2003 for the purposes of being our dev server for our new phone system.

So it looks like 1 sbs 2003 and 2 windows 2003 servers.

What could be wrong with this setup that is preventing me from accessing RWW while the 3rd windows server is turned on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back