Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upsizing Issue Access to SQL Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

gvcooper

Technical User
Apr 30, 2006
AU
I am upsizing a number of Access 2003 databases to SQL Server 2005 with Access Project front ends. Access Tables all upsize OK, some Queries upsize to SQL Views, some to SQL Functions and some get skipped completely. I have fixed up data type issues with Yes/No and Date/Time fields.

I would like all my Access Queries to be SQL Views. Some queries may have calculated fields and I suspect this is one of the issues. The only log in the report states 'Query "QueryName" failed to upsize'. Where should I start looking.

Any ideas on this please.

Thanks,

George

Check out the queries which refer to a control on a form. Chances are those that are getting skipped need to be stored procedures with variables. Stored Procedures can't read a control on a form - instead, the form has to call the sp and feed the variable into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back