Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

UPS shutdown script

Status
Not open for further replies.

CGriffith

MIS
Apr 7, 2004
US
We have two servers hooked to one UPS. But only one server is communicating with the UPS. I think I saw somewhere on here about creating a script to remotely shutdown the other computer. Is this possible and if it is can you give me a link or explain exactly how this would be done? We us APC Smart-UPS 1400 and 1500.

Thanks
Charlene

If you have terminal services activated on both servers, you can use the command tsshutdown aa /server:second_server_name /powerdown

Where "aa" is the time to coutdown before shutdown, "second_server_name is the name of the server that isn't connected to the UPS via a comm cable.

If your UPS is an APC, check in one of the folders of the Power Chute program, you'll find sample scripts.

I heard you can also use SHUTDOWN.EXE from the w2k ressource kit. Haven't tried it yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back