Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

UPS Red orders Not shippped

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blake290

MIS
Apr 3, 2003
US
I have two tables linked.

One of the tables [Order_Customer_Shippments] contains the customer order information with a field that specifies the customer order number, date, and shipment method "UPS RED, UPS BLUE, etc.

The other table[UPS_Info4FS] contains the UPS Shipment information of orders that have shipped out of the factory. This table contains some of the same fileds including the customer order number.

If a record with a customer order number is found in [Order_Customer_Shippments] but not found in [UPS_Info4FS], I would like to generate a report showing the [Order_Customer_Shippments] records that don't match to the [UPS_Info4FS].

While I understand the filters for the shipment methods, I am struggling on how to join or compare the records from the two tables to display the records that don't match based on the customer order field.

You need to create a query in design view and join the too tables together by the customer order number field.

1. After you add the tables to the design view window, click on the customer order number field of one of the tables and drag it across to the same field in the other table. You should now see a thin black line connecting the two fields. This is a "join".

2. Right click on the black line connecting the two tables, and choose properties.

3. Change the option to say "Include all records in [Order Customer Shipments]"

4. After adding the fields you want to display from the [Order Customer Shipments] table, add the customer order number from the [UPS_Info4FS] to the query as invisisble with it's criteria as IS NULL.

This should give you exactly what you are looking for. God Bless,
Mike

Yes, I believe in Jesus. ;-)
"Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved." (Acts 4:12, KJV)

There is a 'wizzard' in the database window query menu to hold youre hand while it walks you through the process.

MichaelRed
m.red@att.net

Searching for employment in all the wrong places

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back