Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

UPS Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

smcmrk

Technical User
Aug 5, 2003
US
I am planning on installing 5 G650's. They will all plug into an Avaya 3000VA UPS. The amp rating on the UPS is 15 amps and each G650 has a rating of 25 amps. What amp rating do I need to have on the circuit that the UPS plugs into? Is it a 15 amps circuit just for the UPS or do I need like a 150 amp circuit due to all the G650's being plugged into the UPS?

Thanks

I installed 2 Avaya 1500's with extra batteries to support 5 650's and 1 Avaya 1000 with extra battery for the 8700's, Cajun's, and CSU's...

I don't recall the the amperage at the circuits...

Thanks,
Chris

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit. ARISTOTLE 384-322 B.C.

Sounds good. Thanks for your help. If you have them in a rack, I would like to see a picture of them if you have one.

Thanks,

Is the S8700 duplicated? are there 2 S8700's?

Personally I am not too much on the Avaya UPS products. They lack the intelligent that I need to monitor and maintain them. I prefer that APC products. I have them on all of my EPN's and in our main equipment room we are using the Symmetra. Our networking groups have recently bought the new Structure UPS system and have been using the APC 2200's for the Cisco 4500 series chassis. These are very dependable units and will alert you to any problems that may arise. APC is also has one of the best technical support groups that you will ever have the pleasure of working with. You can look through their products and their sizing calculator at this link.
Mike Jones
LSUHSC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back