Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

UPS for small office environment

Status
Not open for further replies.

rpearson

Technical User
Jul 25, 2002
US
I have a customer that is having power outages about 1-2 X's weekly.As you would no this is causing havoc among the computer equipment.I was researching a small APC 2 hour system.Any suggestions,advice would be appreciated.Thanks.

I use the APC 1400, APC 1800, and APC 2200. The larger the number the more time system can last on batteries and the greater load it can handle. I have also used ONEAC backups on systems, but expensive.

Good Luck!!

APC's website has a configurator that will let you specify exactly what's connected to the power supply and how long you want it to stay running.

APC is really the best, and I wouldn't recommend any other brand to my clients or friends. :)

if you are near a sams club they have the apc va 1000 for 118.00

great price

We use SmartPower, it is better than APC on filtering noise in situations where power isn't clean. We use to use APC. If all you need is battery backup and no surge supression, line filtering or voltage regulation then shop around, because you will pay extra for those features. SmartPower, APC, and PowerVAR are the top 3 to pick from. PowerVAR claims to be the best and they have a higher cost. Do your research and decide which one best solves the problem you are trying to overcome.

I use APC and PowerChute to give a gracefull close down on the computer when it gets a hit and is going to drop out.
I don't put the screen on the UPS as it allows the computer to stay up longer My computers are running the call logging packages for Corportations so I don't want them to fall over before stand by power is online.
the Pabx's have their own battery backups they can be a little scratchy if the power is dirty( the old ones ) I found when I had one on a motor generator.
Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back