Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Uppercase search 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

alley211

Instructor
Aug 10, 2001
US
Hi,

I would like to know if there is a way to search an item to figure out if it is all uppercase and just display those items.

The reason why is that some items in the database are inserted in mixed case and some in all uppercase.

Using Crystal version 8

Thanks, Christine
Crystal Training and Consulting
crosenbaum@Strafford.com

If you only want to report on the uppercase fields, I think you'd have to pass this down to the database and do the sorting there. (I don't know what database you're using, so I couldn't say whether this is possible for you. Oracle and Sybase have an 'upper' function.)

If you want all instances of the field, but want some consistency of appearance in the report, you could use Crystals case commands; Upper/Lowercase

Naith

Dear Alley211,

Try this:

In report options, deselect case insensitive check mark!

Then in the Select Expert enter:

uppercase({Yourfield}) = {yourfield}

Hope that helps. My tests show that this probably won't get passed down to the server.

ro Rosemary Lieberman
rosemary@microflo.com, Microflo provides expert consulting on MagicTSD and Crystal Reports.

I like that Rosemary....so simple Jim Broadbent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back